The Gallia County Board of Health is charged with the enforcement authority of Ohio Administrative Code Chapter 3701-28 . These regulations govern the construction, inspection, installation, development, maintenance and abandonment of private water systems (PWS).
- Private Water System means any well, spring, cistern, pond, or hauled water tank that has fewer than fifteen service connections and does not regularly serve an average of at least twenty-five individuals daily at least sixty days a year.
- Issues Installation or Alterations Permits for private water systems
- Water System Certifications
- Conducts bacterial water sampling and screening of private or semi-private water supplies
- Investigates waterborne illnesses
Printable Forms and Applications (See Below)
John McKean, RS 740-441-2943 John.McKean@galliacohealth.org
"Drinking Water From Household Wells" (USEPA)
Ohio Department of Natural Resources - Water Resources
Water Sample Application
Sample must be collected in a bottle issued by the health department.
Application for Private Water System
Complete this application and turn it in at the Gallia County Health Department to obtain a permit for a new well or water system