Women , Infants , and Children
What is WIC?
WIC is a nutrition education progam for pregnant women, women who
just had a baby, breastfeeding moms, infants, and children up to age five.
The purpose of the WIC program is to provide supplemental food,
breastfeeding and nutritional counseling and education for all women,
infants and children in our area who meet the criteria for the program.
How do I qualify for WIC?
To qualify for services in Gallia County you must:
- Live in Ohio
- Meet WIC income guidelines or have an Ohio Medicaid Card
- Meet certain nutritional or health risks
What does WIC provide?
Referrals for health care
Monthly nutrition group sessions with food sampling
Supplemental foods like:
- Milk and Juice
- Peanut Butter or Beans
- Infant formula (cereal at 6 months)
- Tuna Fish and Cheese (for breastfeeding moms)
What do I bring to my first visit?
1) Proof of income (Medicaid card or pay stubs for the past 30 days)
2) Proof of address (Driver's license or utility bill)
3) Proof of identity (Driver's license, social security card, birth certificate, shot record)
4) If pregnant, a doctor's statement showing due date
5) All family members applying for WIC services (mom, baby, children under 5 years old)
To schedule an appointment call 441-2977 or stop by our office located at 499 Jackson Pike, Gallipolis.
Walk-ins are welcome from 8:00 am to 10:00 am or 1:00pm to 3:00 pm.